Urban slums in Nigeria like Mpape arose unplanned, caused by internal displacement and rapid urban growth that left some inhabitants behind. This project clearly seeks to support affected communities to identify informal structures and property. Through participatory mapping and field data collection, we hope to strengthen the effectiveness of civil society organizations (CSO), NGOs, and human rights activists in using spatial data to bring basic needs such as water and sewage, property tenure and planning for public health services.
- Entities to Map
- buildings, roads, water points (optional)
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-task-561 #YouthMappers #ABUGeoMappers
In the following priority, map three features:
1) AREA: Please outline buildings with the area tool and tag building features as "building" = "yes"
2) LINE: Fix any main roads as needed with the line tool and add any new ones that are heavily traveled. Use the tagging scheme standards for Nigeria found in the OpenStreetMap wiki: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Nigeria#Roads
3) POINT: (Optional). If visible, add points for water points, using the tag for water features as man_made = "water_tap" if a simple tap (see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dwater_tap) or "water_well" if a full well (see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dwater_well).